Hi, I'm Mengzhen.
Jan 2019 - Dec 2019
Co-founder, UX Designer
Combine NYC Media Lab
- Formulated product strategies. Designed a data-driven SaaS web application for enterprise clients.
- Led user research, data visualization design, interaction design, user interface design, usability tests, and heuristic evaluations.
- Worked closely with developers and testers for product implementation and iteration.
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with 92 users. Investigated team workflow of companies such as Microsoft and Google. Analyzed 17 main competing products in 5 related fields.
- Produced product requirement documents, wireframes, visual interfaces, prototypes, and design guides.
Mar 2015 - May 2015
Shanghai Moma Industrial Design
Product Design Dept.
- Collected references and associated visuals for the Haier Smart Home Robot project. Synthesized and communicated field research findings.
- Participated in product sketching and 3D modeling.
- Presented the design work to customers twice a month. Kept contact with customers to discuss the product direction.
- Formulated production specification, modified the master drawing, and depicted the packaging by using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
Grainger Global Trading (Shanghai)
Aug 2014 - Oct 2014
Jun 2015 - Oct 2015
China Reading Limited, Tencent
User Experience Design Dept.
- Defined and implemented innovative solutions for the product direction by collaborating with product managers.
- Redesigned the website homepage and Writer Assistant ios App together with the UX team.
- Produced personas, information architectures, flowcharts, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Conducted one on one user testing with 30 users.
- Applied agile design and worked closely with product managers, senior designers, developers and testers on a day-to-day basis.
- Assisted senior UX designers with in-group design thinking workshops.